Date:	Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:50:09 +0200
From:	Michal Simek <monstr@...str.eu>
To:	juice@...gman.org
CC:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Hight speed data sending from custom IP out of kernel

Hi Juice,

juice wrote:
> Hi Michal.
>
> How fast do you need to send the data?

It sounds weird but as fast as possible. There is no specific limit because I
want to create demo and test it on various hw configuration which I can easily
create on FPGA. For now the bottleneck is Microblaze cpu. It can run from 50MHz
till 170-180MHz. We also support both endians and have two hw IP
cores(10/100/1000) which I can use.

> I have an application where I send test stream out to GE line and can fill
> the total capacity of the ethernet regardless of the packet size.

What cpu do you use?

> The test stream I am sending is stored in kernel memory, and therefore is
> limited by the amount of free memory. 200M is no problem.

Is it UDP or TCP?

> The solution I am using is loosely based on the pktgen module, except that
> my module can load a wireshark capture from userland program and then send
> it from ethernet interface in wire speed.

Sound good. Would it be possible to see it and test it?

Thanks,
Michal