Date:	Thu, 21 Apr 2011 10:57:03 +0800
From:	Wei Gu <wei.gu@...csson.com>
To:	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
CC:	Peter Zijlstra <a.p.zijlstra@...llo.nl>,
	Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>,
	Alexander Duyck <alexander.h.duyck@...el.com>,
	"Kirsher, Jeffrey T" <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>,
	Mike Galbraith <efault@....de>,
	Thomas Gleixner <tglx@...utronix.de>,
	Jesse Brandeburg <jesse.brandeburg@...il.com>
Subject: RE: Low performance Intel 10GE NIC (3.2.10) on 2.6.38 Kernel

A quick question, regarding the skb->queue_mapping?
Do you know who will put the queue number for the received skb on the receving path? Cause I found it has a value in the recevied skb, but it seems over the range of rx/tx queues. Like if only have 8 rx and 8 tx queues on this netdev, then I can see the queue_mapping in the receving skb will be in [1-8], which I expect is [0-7].

Thanks
WeiGu
-----Original Message-----
From: Wei Gu
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:09 PM
To: 'Jesse Brandeburg'
Cc: Peter Zijlstra; Eric Dumazet; Alexander Duyck; netdev; Kirsher, Jeffrey T; Mike Galbraith; Thomas Gleixner

Hi,
This is the result that I running the turbostat via 2.6.35.3 and perform the same load test on eth10 (8 tx/rx queue binding to core 24-31) according you instruction.
I was add the processor.max_cstate=1 in the boot params, and also disabled the cstate in the BIOS. But looks like the kernel does take them.

Thanks
WeiGu