Date:	Thu, 29 Sep 2011 02:12:37 -0700
From:	Jeff Kirsher <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>
To:	Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@...gutronix.de>
Cc:	Paul Mackerras <paulus@...ba.org>,
	Russell Nelson <nelson@...nwr.com>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	davem@...emloft.net,
	Jaccon Bastiaansen <jaccon.bastiaansen@...il.com>
Subject: Re: about bmac/mace/macmace/mac89x0/cs89x0: Move the Macintosh
 (Apple) drivers

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 00:04, Sascha Hauer <s.hauer@...gutronix.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> commit 8fb6b0908176704a3ea22005e8a9fa3ebf35b5be
>> Author: Jeff Kirsher <jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com>
>> Date:   Mon May 16 01:39:01 2011 -0700
>>
>>    bmac/mace/macmace/mac89x0/cs89x0: Move the Macintosh (Apple) drivers
>>
>>    Move the Apple drivers into driver/net/ethernet/apple/ and make the
>>    necessary Kconfig and Makefile changes.
>
> This commit moves drivers/net/cs89x0.[ch] to drivers/net/ethernet/apple/.
>
> This is wrong. The cs89x0 driver is a general ISA driver and is also
> used on some embedded boards. This patch should only move drivers/net/mac89x0.c
> which basically is a driver for the same device but used on Macintosh.
>
> I think it should go to drivers/net/ethernet/cirrus instead.
>
> Sascha

Thanks Sasha, I am looking into the past emails on this to see if
there was a suggested reason that in be where it is at.  I do agree
with you that it looks like it should be in
/drivers/net/ethernet/cirrus/, before making a patch to move it, I
want to double check all the previous emails I received to ensure that
there was a logic reason for placing it where it is.

--
Cheers,
Jeff