Date:	Sat, 22 Oct 2011 22:18:12 -0300
From:	Luciano Ruete <lruete@...ure.com.ar>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Kernel Panic every 2 weeks on ISP server (NULL pointer dereference)

Hi,

I'm the sysadmin at a 3500 customers ISP, wich runs an iptables+tc solution
for load balancing and QoS.

Every 2 or 3 weeks the server panics with a "NULL pointer dereference" and
with IP at "dev_queue_xmit"

It is curious that if i disable MSI on the network card driver this panics
seems to disapear, does this ring a bell?

The server is an IBM, previously with Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5709 nics and
now with Intel 82576. I change the nics thinking that maybe the bug was in
Broadcom Driver but it seems to affect MSI in general.

The tc+iptables rules are auto-generated with sequreisp[1] an ISP solution
that i wrote and is open sourced under AGPLv3.

Tell me if you need any further information, and plz CC because I'm not
suscribed.

root@...ver:~# uname -a
Linux server 2.6.35-30-server #60~lucid1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 20 22:28:40 UTC
2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux

[1]https://github.com/sequre/sequreisp

--
Luciano Ruete
Sequre - Sys Admin

View attachment "kern.log.txt" of type "text/plain" (12766 bytes)