Date:	Mon, 24 Oct 2011 14:51:29 -0700
From:	"Rose, Gregory V" <gregory.v.rose@...el.com>
To:	Roopa Prabhu <roprabhu@...co.com>,
Subject: RE: [net-next-2.6 PATCH 0/8 RFC v2] macvlan: MAC Address filtering

So far as I know there is no support for VMDq in the Linux kernel and while I know some folks have been working on it I can't really speak to that work or their plans.  Much would depend on the implementation.

For now it makes sense to me to get support for multiple MAC and VLAN filters per virtual function (or virtual nic) and it seems to me you're going in the right direction for this.  We'll have a look at your next set of patches and take it from there.

- Greg