Date:	Fri, 20 Jan 2012 06:50:36 +0000
From:	"Grumbach, Emmanuel" <emmanuel.grumbach@...el.com>
To:	Dave Jones <davej@...hat.com>
CC:	Emmanuel Grumbach <egrumbach@...il.com>,
	Dan Williams <dcbw@...hat.com>,
	"Guy, Wey-Yi W" <wey-yi.w.guy@...el.com>,
	Linux Wireless <linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: iwlwifi worse than ever in current git.

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 08:38:35PM +0000, Grumbach, Emmanuel wrote:
>  > >
>  > > >
>  > > > On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 08:47:28AM +0200, Emmanuel Grumbach wrote:
>  > > >  > Ok, I finally had a change to take a closer look at this. Please run
>  > > >  > with debug=0xC0000000.
>  > > >  >
>  > > >  > This will be noisy, but I guess we have no choice...
>  > > >  > I will be travelling next week, so...
>  > > >
>  > > > Ah. Got it. I had to do a large download (a kernel tarball was enough)
>  > > > trigger it.
>  > > > Log is at http://davej.fedorapeople.org/iwl-debug.txt
>  > > >
>  > > > The download began at around 13:17 in the log.
>  > > > It hung shortly afterwards.
>  > > >
>  > > > 	Dave
>  > >
>  > > Thanks for that one. Really helpful. I need to send you a patch to get a
>  > > little more data. I don't know when I will be able to do it though.
>  >
>  > Can you please retry with the patch attached ?
>
> Hung again.
>
> http://davej.fedorapeople.org/iwl-debug2.txt
>
> 	Dave

Thanks. From what I see, a management frame is sent from an AC queue and when we get the Tx response for this frame, we get sta_id = AP, tid = 0 (and the bug is probably here). So we modify the counters for sta_id = AP, and tid = 0, and this messes up everything.
I guess I need to see why I don't see this issue, and see how to give a hint to the Tx response path that counters shouldn't be modified.

Intel Israel (74) Limited