Date:	Wed, 1 Feb 2012 16:44:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:	Leonardo Uzcudun <uzcudunl@...oo.it>
To:	yao zhao <yao.development@...il.com>,
	Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>
Cc:	"netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: VLAN 1 - Native

I'm sorry guys but i'm not understanding. Allow me to ask in a different way.

I've a linux computer with 3 network cards (eth0, eth1 and eth2)

eth0 is connected to a switch with vlans config.
eth1 is connected to a network that has VID 1
eth2 is connected to a network that has VID 101

I've the following configuration:

ip addr add 0.0.0.0 dev eth0
ip link set eth0 up
ip link add link eth0 name eth0.1 type vlan id 1
ip link add link eth0 name eth0.101 type vlan id 101
ip addr add 0.0.0.0 dev eth0.1
ip addr add 0.0.0.0 dev eth0.101
ip link set eth0.101 up
ip link set eth0.1 up
brctl addbr br_vlan_1
brctl addbr br_vlan_101
brctl addif br_vlan_1 eth0.1 eth1
brctl addif br_vlan_101 eth0.101 eth2
ip addr add 0.0.0.0 dev br_vlan_1
ip addr add 0.0.0.0 dev br_vlan_101
ip link set br_vlan_1 up
ip link set br_vlan_101 up

with this setup, the traffic on VID 101 is working fine. The devices across the switch and eth2 communicate each other but, the devices on VID 1 don't communicate with those connected to eth1

If I remove eth0.1 and add eth0 to br_vlan_1 i have the opposite situation:
the traffic on VID 101 is NOT working. The devices across the switch and eth2 DO NOT communicate each other
but, the devices on VID 1 communicate with those connected to eth1. Of course on br_vlan_1 i'm getting the VID 1 traffic AND the VID 101....

Thanks again,

Leo