Date:	Sat, 03 Mar 2012 12:04:20 -0800
From:	Joe Perches <joe@...ches.com>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	padovan@...fusion.mobi, gustavo@...ovan.org,
	johan.hedberg@...il.com, linville@...driver.com,
	marcel@...tmann.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: pull request: bluetooth-next 2012-03-01

On Sat, 2012-03-03 at 14:47 -0500, David Miller wrote:
> From: Gustavo Padovan <padovan@...fusion.mobi>
> Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 13:46:55 -0300
>
> > Changing only the new code will put the Bluetooth subsystem in a
> > inconsistent coding style with different styles through the
> > subsystem.
>
> Which btw would be perfectly fine, this is how we gradually fix
> coding style in other areas of the tree too.  So don't use crap
> like this as an excuse for not doing the right thing.
>
> Requiring a big "fix all the coding style" patch before starting to do
> things properly in small increments first is completely bogus.

Style conformity is important to people for lots of
different reasons.

It's your choice but I personally think you should
give the bluetooth folk a chance to change their style
in a single largish whitespace commit immediately post
3.4 akin to the recent isdn one you just pulled.

If the bluetooth folk want help, I do have scripts
that would do a pretty decent job and make all
the git blame -w changes transparent.