Date:	Tue, 29 May 2012 18:55:20 +0100
From:	Ben Hutchings <bhutchings@...arflare.com>
To:	TJ Johnson <tjjohnson10200@...il.com>
CC:	<netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Fwd: Ethtool not displaying ntuple/nfc rule settings

On Tue, 2012-05-29 at 10:55 -0600, TJ Johnson wrote:
> Sorry for the double send. Had to convert to plain text as I received
> failure messages.

This version of the ixgbe driver implemented the n-tuple interface,
which has since been removed in favour of the NFC rules interface.  It
was switched to the new interface in Linux 3.1.

ethtool supports setting rules through either interface (automatically)
but can only read them back through the NFC rules interface.  The
n-tuple interface did support reading rules but the information returned
was unreliable: it would not necessarily match the hardware state.

Ben.

--
Ben Hutchings, Staff Engineer, Solarflare
They asked us to note that Solarflare product names are trademarked.