Date:	Wed, 27 Jun 2012 15:25:58 +0200
From:	Hans Schillstrom <hans.schillstrom@...csson.com>
To:	Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>,
	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
CC:	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [RFC] tcp demux used to signal ip_route_input_noref to not cache dst

On Wednesday 27 June 2012 09:52:13 Eric Dumazet wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-06-27 at 09:19 +0200, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> > In case tcp_v{4|6}_early_demux() doesnt find an ESTABLISHED socket, and
> > SYN flag is set, and an "atomic_t listener_under_synflood" counter is
> > not 0, we could :
> >
> > - instruct make ip_rcv_finish() to not cache the input dst into route
> > cache (if dst is not found in the hash table)
> >
> > This would make synflood attacks having minimal impact on route cache
> >
> > (We did this for the output dst of SYN-cookie-ACK messages)
> >

> I'll test the following patch in a moment.
>
> For the moment, set nocache to true for all frames not associated to an
> ESTABLISHED socket. Not sure we want to test SYN flag after all.

Nice work,
I have been runing the patch for almost 4 hours now
not a single message about the routing cache !

BTW
I also use the "tcp: avoid tx starvation by SYNACK packets" patch
and jhash patch for syn cookies.
Not a packet single packet is dropped now.

I even works nice in a KVM I have never been close to this results with KVM.