Date:	Thu, 27 Sep 2012 09:38:46 -0700
From:	"Nithin Sujir" <nsujir@...adcom.com>
To:	"Dirkjan Ochtman" <dirkjan@...tman.nl>
cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, "Michael Chan" <mchan@...adcom.com>
Subject: Re: Problems with tg3 on BCM5720

On Wednesday 26 September 2012 11:45 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 11:13 PM, Nithin Nayak Sujir
> <nsujir@...adcom.com> wrote:
>> 1. Can you tell me the last patch that is included in the tg3 driver in
>> 3.4.9 on your distro?
> There are no tg3-specific patches in my distro's 3.4.9 package.
Ok. I was trying to make my setup here as close to your code to try and
see the problem. Would you say that the linux-stable tree at 3.4.9 has
the same tg3 code as your distro?
I'm not able to see a problem with 3.4.9 at gigabit or 100mbit on my
setup here.
>> 2. Can you give more info about the working setup?
> The working setup is a simple small VLAN with a 192.168.1.0/24 subnet
> and a few other Linux boxes on it (some of them also have BCM5720,
> others have BCM5722 or BCM5709 networking). Not sure what other
> information you'd want about this?
Asking more about the physical setup to see what is different with the
failing one w.r.t the working case. Is this a gigabit router/switch/hub?

>> 6. I noticed in the syslog, the link is coming up at 100 Mbps. Is this
>> expected?
> No, I don't think so, it should be a Gbit line.
Probably stupid question but have you have tried a different cable?
You mentioned that the switch side works with a laptop? What is the link
speed on the laptop at that time?