Date:	Thu, 08 Nov 2012 15:09:30 -0500 (EST)
From:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
CC:	netfilter-devel@...r.kernel.org, linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org
Subject: essentially offline...

Once again I am without any real internet access both at home (Time
Warner major Manhattan outage since this morning) and at the office
(Verizon still largely out in Lower Manhattan).

So I'm not going to be resonsive until one of these two outages are
resolved.  I cannot even call Time Warner customer support, I get "all
circuits are busy" so they're obviously getting bombed with calls.

Want to help?  There are two ways:

1) Don't do anything that makes more overhead for me.

   Don't ask about patch status, that's what the heck patchwork
   is for.  If you're patch isn't there and active and you think
   it needs to bee considered seriously, REPOST it, DON'T ASK ME
   about a patch I already moved out of my TODO list.  That's more
   work for me.

   And, this should go without saying %100 of the time, DO NOT
   send me private email.  It is never appropriate, I don't care
   what excuse you come up with.  Just simply don't do it.

2) Don't be a jackass and avoid reviewing patches that you can
   actually provide feedback on.

   That is what makes my backlog something that is actually
   manageable, when everyone else dutifully reviews patches that get
   posted so that I have something to immediately work against when I
   get to reviewing that patch myself.

   One great example is the gianfar patch posted the other day.
   Nobody is going to review that and I know absolutely nothing
   about gianfar hardware, whether that is the correct fix, etc.
   So it'll either just rot there, or I'll have to guess if it's
   correct.

   But this is exactly what breaks down my productivity, when
   people who are knowledgable don't review patches like that one.

Thanks.