Date:	Mon, 12 Nov 2012 08:34:50 -0500
From:	Corey Richardson <corey@...ayn.net>
To:	linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	jouni@....qualcomm.com, vthiagar@....qualcomm.com,
	linville@...driver.com, ath9k-devel@...ts.ath9k.org,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, nbd@...nwrt.org
Subject: ath9k_htc-based adapter unfunctioning after commit ceb26a6013

I was giving 3.7-rc4 a whirl when I discovered my wireless adapter [0] wasn't
working: the LED didn't light up. Went and ran 'ip link' and it just hung there.
Tried a few other things and discovered that sudo was broken too. With
strace I found that they were hanging in sendto().

If I then unplug the adapter, everything comes out of the hang.

Bisected and found that commit ceb26a6013b962b82f644189ea29d802490fc8fc is
to blame.

Attached is my .config,. The complete dmesg is attached, as well as
dmesg_disconnect which is what gets spat out on disconnect of the device.
strace is an strace of 'ip link'.

I feel like I haven't given enough information; anything else needed?

(Please CC me in any reply to a list; I am not subscribed to them)

[0] - http://support.netgear.com/product/WNA1100

--
Corey Richardson

Download attachment "dmesg" of type "application/octet-stream" (64808 bytes)

Download attachment "strace" of type "application/octet-stream" (2548 bytes)

Download attachment ".config" of type "application/octet-stream" (68787 bytes)

Download attachment "dmesg_disconnect" of type "application/octet-stream" (854 bytes)