Date:	Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:21:52 +0100
From:	Christoph Paasch <christoph.paasch@...ouvain.be>
To:	David Woodhouse <dwmw2@...radead.org>
Cc:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, saku@...i.fi,
	rick.jones2@...com, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: TCP and reordering

On Wednesday 28 November 2012 07:59:26 David Woodhouse wrote:
> My 'strange justification' for reordering, albeit not entirely on
> purpose, is that a single ADSL line at 8Mb/s down, 448Kb/s up is less
> bandwidth than I had to my dorm room 16 years ago. So I bond two of
> them, and naturally expect a certain amount of reordering.

You might want to have a look at MultiPath TCP [1], which allows the use of
multiple interfaces for a single TCP connection. It is somehow similar to
SCTP-CMT, with the difference that MPTCP is able to pass by today's firewalls
and NATs and does not require any modifications to the applications.

E.g., you could install MPTCP on your end host and set up an HTTP-proxy on a
public web hoster to terminate your MPTCP session -- as servers don't (yet)
support MPTCP, you will have to terminate the MPTCP session somewhere.

Cheers,
Christoph

[1] http://multipath-tcp.org

--