Date:	Wed, 5 Dec 2012 16:34:01 -0800
From:	叶雨飞 <sunyucong@...il.com>
To:	unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)
Cc:	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: ksoftirqd 100% after disabling IPv4 route cache on high pps.

Thanks Eric!

Following is only to help someone else who may run into the problem
and searching for options:

the ksoftirqd load is generated by route lookup subrouting. since this
is DDOS traffic we are dealing (more than 10x of our normal PPS) and I
have a fixed number of destinations, I've tested that I can filter
them efficiently in mangle table PREROUTING chain, and use hashlimit
to limit pps to send to the routing subsystem, ksoftirq problem is
gone and no kernel upgraded is needed until the inevitable.

Cheers.