Date:	Fri, 21 Dec 2012 19:39:54 +0100
From:	Stephan Gatzka <stephan.gatzka@...il.com>
To:	YOSHIFUJI Hideaki <yoshfuji@...ux-ipv6.org>
CC:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux1394-devel@...ts.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: IPv6 over Firewire

> If you are talking about how to build NS/NA/RS/Redirect messages, you
> can just use ndisc_opt_addr_space() and ndisc_fill_addr_option() here.

Thanks, these functions are certainly helpful. But
ndisc_opt_addr_space() calculates the required space from dev->addr_len
and ndisc_addr_option_pad(dev->type). The latter is 0 for IEEE1394
(firewire). So the required option space just comes from dev->addr_len,
which is 8 for firewire, resulting in an option address space of 16 (2
octets).

But rfc3146 requires an option address space of 3 octets. So my main
question is if in such a situation the best is to reserve additional skb
tail room using needed_tailroom in struct netdevice. This directly
affects the memory allocated in ndisc_build_skb().

Regards,

Stephan