Date:	Sun, 3 Feb 2013 17:39:54 +0800 (SGT)
From:	Akshat Kakkar <the_akshat@...oo.co.in>
To:	Rami Rosen <roszenrami@...il.com>
Cc:	"netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Regarding vlan ingress filtering in linux

-Akshat

----- Original Message -----
From: Rami Rosen <roszenrami@...il.com>
To: Akshat Kakkar <the_akshat@...oo.co.in>
Cc: "netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Sent: Saturday, 2 February 2013 11:23 PM

Hi,
If you are talking about disabling or setting rx vlan filter
offloading parameter, the latest ethtool (from git) has this:

./ethtool -k p2p1
rx-vlan-filter: off [fixed]

But it seems to me that in order to set it (by "ethtool -K p2p1
rx-vlan-filter on") you need special support
from the device driver.

regards,
Rami Rosen
http://ramirose.wix.com/ramirosen