Date:	Sat, 18 May 2013 00:08:53 -0400
From:	David Stevens <dlstevens@...ibm.com>
To:	Stephen Hemminger <stephen@...workplumber.org>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: NDA_PORT attribute is useless

Stephen Hemminger <stephen@...workplumber.org> wrote on 05/17/2013
11:54:57 PM:

> I noticed that this commit is also broken.
> Because although you can specify alternate UDP ports for sending,
> it does nothing to enable those ports for reception. So although you
> can create new static neighbour entries with different ports, they
> are useless.

On Host A:
modprobe vxlan

on Host B:
modprobe vxlan udp_port=9462

...and whatever you want on any other hosts.

Then you want to connect a segment on Host A and
Host B. The fdb entries on Host A that point to
Host B should use "port 9462"; the fdb entries on
Host B that have destination Host A should use
"port 8472".

And if Host C is an external switch using 4789, its
fdb entries should use "port 4789".

It does exactly what it is supposed to do, allow these
hosts to use VXLAN with each other, and has nothing to do
with listening on multiple ports.

                                                        +-DLS