Date:	Thu, 18 Jul 2013 21:05:48 +0200
From:	Fabian Bergmark <fabian.bergmark@...il.com>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Fwd: UDP encapsulation of SCTP packages

Im working on implementing UDP encapsulation of SCTP packages.

I have tried to implement  the encapsulation/decapsulation in a way
that is transparent to the logic of the current implementation.

Currently I'am able to send and recieve data over localhost or over
intranet. However, when trying to communicate over NAT I ran in to
problems. Because of port remapping of the UDP source port I included
as a final step to update the source port of the SCTP header and
recalculate the checksum.

This however, causes a kernel panic somewhere between receiving the
UDP packet and replying the INIT_ACK, that I am unable to understand.
Is there anything, besides the source port and checksum in the SCTP
header that needs to be updated?

I have included a packet capture of the INIT-packages that causes the panic.

As I am new to kernel development, general advice on how to debug this
issue is appreciated.

-- Fabian Bergmark

Download attachment "SCTP in UDP.pcap" of type "application/octet-stream" (528 bytes)