Date:	Tue, 30 Jul 2013 08:20:43 +0200
From:	Helmut Grohne <h.grohne@...nusnetworks.de>
To:	Ben Hutchings <bhutchings@...arflare.com>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
	Max Krasnyansky <maxk@....qualcomm.com>,
	Stephen Hemminger <stephen@...workplumber.org>
Subject: Re: TUN/TAP: tap driver reports bogus interface speed in ethtool operations

Thanks for your review! Given the v2 patch Stephen Hemminger posted, I
think that his series is where development should continue.

On 23.07.2013, at 21:04, Ben Hutchings <bhutchings@...arflare.com> wrote:
> This is formatted wrongly - needs a space after 'if' and all the
> continuation lines should be lined up under 'cmd->supported'.

I am sorry for not having run checkpatch and will try to remember next time.

>> +               return -EOPNOTSUPP;
>
> EINVAL

Makes sense, once you are pointed to it.

> I notice the port type is reported as PORT_TP.  Perhaps that should also
> be changed to PORT_NONE (in a separate patch)?

This appears not yet addressed in the v2 patch yet.

I am not sure how to go on here. Clearly the v2 patch set, is an improvement
over my initial version. The additional capabilities of changing the reported
driver and similar aspects appear controversial though. Would it make sense
to split this into two patch sets to be handled independently?

Helmut