Date:	Fri, 16 Aug 2013 11:47:33 -0400
From:	"Carlos O'Donell" <carlos@...hat.com>
To:	Cong Wang <amwang@...hat.com>
CC:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, "David S. Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>,
	Thomas Backlund <tmb@...eia.org>, libc-alpha@...rceware.org,
	YOSHIFUJI Hideaki <yoshfuji@...ux-ipv6.org>
Subject: Re: [GLIBC Patch v2] inet: avoid redefinition of some structs in
 kernel

On 08/15/2013 05:28 AM, Cong Wang wrote:
> 2013-08-13  Carlos O'Donell  <carlos@...hat.com>
> 	    Cong Wang <amwang@...hat.com>
>
> 	* sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/bits/in.h
> 	[_UAPI_LINUX_IN6_H]: Define __USE_KERNEL_IPV6_DEFS.
> 	* inet/netinet/in.h: Move in_addr definition and bits/in.h inclusion
> 	before __USE_KERNEL_IPV6_DEFS uses.
> 	* inet/netinet/in.h [!__USE_KERNEL_IPV6_DEFS]: Define IPPROTO_MH, and
> 	IPPROTO_BEETPH.
> 	[__USE_KERNEL_IPV6_DEFS]: Don't define any of IPPROTO_*, in6_addr,
> 	sockaddr_in6, or ipv6_mreq.

Cong,

Given that this is a user visible change could you please file
a glibc bugzilla bug in sourceware[1] so we can track the commit and so
that future users can reopen the bug to discuss any defects?

Then you need to add the BZ# to the ChangeLog, and whomever
commits this for you will mark it fixed in the NEWS. We should
also write up a NEWS blurb for this since it's the first explicit
header coordination of it's kind and we should highlight that
so developers take note and help us coordinate more headers.

Cheers,
Carlos.

[1] http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/