Date:	Fri, 13 Sep 2013 18:57:56 +0300
From:	Andy Johnson <johnsonzjo@...il.com>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: ICMP rate limiting in IPv4 but not in IPv6

Hello,
After probing into the RFC of ICMPv6, I am even more confused.

RFC 4443 says:

2.4.  Message Processing Rules

(f) Finally, in order to limit the bandwidth and forwarding costs
       incurred by originating ICMPv6 error messages, an IPv6 node MUST
       limit the rate of ICMPv6 error messages it originates.
The rate-limiting parameters SHOULD be configurable.

Any ideas?

regards,
Andy