Date:	Tue, 17 Sep 2013 08:01:11 +0200
From:	Willy Tarreau <w@....eu>
To:	Ethan Tuttle <ethan@...antuttle.com>
Cc:	Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@....linux.org.uk>,
	Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@...e-electrons.com>,
	Andrew Lunn <andrew@...n.ch>,
	Jason Cooper <jason@...edaemon.net>, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	Ezequiel Garcia <ezequiel.garcia@...e-electrons.com>,
	Gregory Clément
	<gregory.clement@...e-electrons.com>,
	linux-arm-kernel@...ts.infradead.org
Subject: Re: mvneta: oops in __rcu_read_lock on mirabox

Hi Ethan,

On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 08:43:19PM -0700, Ethan Tuttle wrote:
> I just built 3.11.1 with the posted config and got the usual crash in
> about 2 minutes with a ping flood.
>
> The kernel image is available here:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/cqkqop3jjb1stk3/uImage-dtb.armada-370-mirabox

OK thank you. Unfortunately I can't boot it here as my only rootfs is
a squashfs and it is not enabled in this kernel.

> The md5 is 05f350a193c6c60d9dac40bea810bbdd.  You may notice the
> version string reveals a patch on top of 3.11.1, this is just a
> makefile patch to "Build a uImage with dtb already appended".

Interesting one, I was not aware of it, I'll probably add it to my
trees to stop relying on build scripts.

> Tcpdump captured about 2,800 icmp packets per second while the ping
> flood was running.

OK I've been running mine at this exact rate as well (2803 pps) for
11 minutes now. I disabled icmp_ratelimit to ensure that I got as
many responses as requests. No problem so far.

> Hope this helps!  If Willy wants to share a kernel image I'll see if I
> can crash it :)

I've put my working images here :

    http://1wt.eu/ethan-kernel/

One is done with my config, the other one with your config in which
I added support for squashfs and blk_dev_ram that I'm using to boot
a rootfs loaded in memory by the boot loader.

I can't make it fail either. I'm really starting to suspect a hardware
issue...

Next step should be that you test both kernels to be sure.

Cheers,
Willy