Date:	Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:45:05 +0200
From:	Sander Eikelenboom <linux@...elenboom.it>
To:	"Grumbach, Emmanuel" <emmanuel.grumbach@...el.com>
CC:	"John W. Linville" <linville@...driver.com>,
	"Berg, Johannes" <johannes.berg@...el.com>,
	"ilw@...ux.intel.com" <ilw@...ux.intel.com>,
	"linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org" <linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: iwlwifi Centrino Advanced-N 6235, setting regulatory domain with iw reg set XX doesn't work.

Hi

I seem to have to take a second hurdle in using my Centrino Advanced-N 6235 with linux.

I'm trying to set the regulatory domain (currenly world domain (00))
But a "iw reg set US" or "iw reg set NL" does not succeed.

# iw reg get
country 00:
        (2402 - 2472 @ 40), (6, 20)
        (2457 - 2482 @ 40), (6, 20), PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
        (2474 - 2494 @ 20), (6, 20), NO-OFDM, PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
        (5170 - 5250 @ 80), (6, 20), PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
        (5735 - 5835 @ 80), (6, 20), PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
        (57240 - 63720 @ 2160), (N/A, 0)

# iw reg set US

# iw reg get
country 00:
        (2402 - 2472 @ 40), (6, 20)
        (2457 - 2482 @ 40), (6, 20), PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
        (2474 - 2494 @ 20), (6, 20), NO-OFDM, PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
        (5170 - 5250 @ 80), (6, 20), PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
        (5735 - 5835 @ 80), (6, 20), PASSIVE-SCAN, NO-IBSS
        (57240 - 63720 @ 2160), (N/A, 0)

The only thing is this message in dmesg:
"cfg80211: Pending regulatory request, waiting for it to be processed...".

I did enable some of the kernel wifi debug options, but there is no error or more informatie.
But it doesn't get set as you can see above.

Attached:
dmesg.txt      complete dmesg
iw-info.txt    output of "iw phy0 info"

--

Sander

View attachment "dmesg.txt" of type "text/plain" (55766 bytes)

View attachment "iw-info.txt" of type "text/plain" (5981 bytes)