Date:	Wed, 6 Nov 2013 12:17:12 -0200
From:	Claudio Takahasi <claudio.takahasi@...nbossa.org>
To:	Alexander Aring <alex.aring@...il.com>
Cc:	Jukka Rissanen <jukka.rissanen@...ux.intel.com>,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Bluetooth 6LoWPAN and routing

Hi Jukka/Alexander:

On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 5:55 AM, Alexander Aring <alex.aring@...il.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 05, 2013 at 10:36:29AM +0200, Jukka Rissanen wrote:
>> Hi Claudio,
>>
>> On ma, 2013-11-04 at 19:46 -0200, Claudio Takahasi wrote:
>> > Hi Jukka,

>> > Is it necessary to implement 6loWPAN fragmentation/reassembling? For
>> > Bluetooth, I thought L2CAP FAR (Fragmentation and Reassembling) could
>> > handle the transfer of IPv6 packets that doesn't fit in one single
>> > BTLE PDU.
>>
>> Yes, the Bluetooth 6lowpan code I sent handles the L2CAP FAR already.
>> The question is who handles the IPv6 packets that are larger than
>> IPV6_MIN_MTU (1280 bytes), or is that automatically done by other parts
> ahh I understand now, yes that's handled by the normal IPv6 Fragmentation.
> But you don't want a high payload like this. ;)
>
> - Alex

I still not convinced that we need to worry about 6loWPAN
fragmentation now. Use fixed channel is only a way to implement the
initial 6loWPAN support, (if necessary) you can push the fragmentation
code later, it will make your upstreaming work easier.

Maybe you read this Bluetooth SIG draft already: IPSS (Internet
Protocol Support Service). It contains some infos about fixed vs
dynamic channels, MTU and flow control.

Regards,
Claudio