Date:	Wed, 13 Nov 2013 09:49:18 -0500
From:	Vlad Yasevich <vyasevich@...il.com>
To:	Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG <s.priebe@...fihost.ag>,
	vyasevic@...hat.com
CC:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
	Linux Netdev List <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: VLAN filtering/VLAN aware bridge problems

On 11/13/2013 02:28 AM, Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG wrote:
> Am 13.11.2013 00:25, schrieb Vlad Yasevich:
>> On 11/12/2013 04:31 PM, Stefan Priebe wrote:
>>> sorry for the very late response.

>>> Even with the complete patchset which was merged upstream it doesn't
>>> work ;-(
>>>
>>> What's wrong there and / or how can i debug?
>>
>> Can you provide the filtering settings for both bridges you use?
>
> I don't filter at all right now it's compiled in but not enabled - but i
> have these problems since these patches were included.
>
> It only start to work if i set the eth0 and eth1 (slaves of the bond) to
> promisc mode. So the problem seems to be that the ethernet devices do
> not accept the VLAN tagged packages.

That doesn't make much sense. If the filtering is not enabled, then
this code isn't in use.  It will not try to set any vlan filtering
so you should be running with essentially stock bridge.

Bridge sets promisc mode on all its ports, so your bond device should
be in promisc mode.  Bonding code sets different set of slaves into
promisc mode depending on the mode you use.  Which mode do you have
your bond configured in?
Does, dmesg tell you if devices have entered promisc mode?

-vlad