Date:	Fri, 22 Nov 2013 18:21:12 -0500
From:	yan cui <ccuiyyan@...il.com>
To:	Stephen Hemminger <stephen@...workplumber.org>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, linux-net@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: dynamic TCP algorithms switching

Then, why include so many (current Linux has 10+ TCP congestion algorithms)
algorithms? For users who want to deploy their application on Linux
and if the applications
are system resource intensive, they always want to tune the
configurations of the operating systems for the last piece of
performance. If they do so, maybe they are confused
about which TCP congestion algorithm to use for their environment. So,
the only way is to try each algorithm one by one. I understand the
setting of the default TCP congestion
algorithm to be Cubic means that it works well for most environments.
But if others
are seldom used, or can be replace with another implementation.
Why not just remove from the kernel?

Yan

--
Think big; Dream impossible; Make it happen.