Date:	Tue, 26 Nov 2013 14:27:51 +0100
From:	Mark Trompell <mark@...esightlinux.org>
To:	Veaceslav Falico <veaceslav@...ico.eu>
Cc:	Linux-Kernel <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>, herbert@...dor.apana.org.au
Subject: Re: bridge not getting ip since 3.11.5 and 3.4.66

Answering my own mail again and even top posting, sorry, but makes
more sense to me in that case).
I reverted bridge related patches from 3.11.5 and it boils down to
commit 0e308361d7ca0bf8b23fd472b90aae0fb10a1c32
Author: Herbert Xu <herbert@...dor.apana.org.au>
Date:   Thu Sep 12 17:12:05 2013 +1000

    bridge: Clamp forward_delay when enabling STP

    [ Upstream commit be4f154d5ef0ca147ab6bcd38857a774133f5450 ]

    At some point limits were added to forward_delay.  However, the
    limits are only enforced when STP is enabled.  This created a
    scenario where you could have a value outside the allowed range
    while STP is disabled, which then stuck around even after STP
    is enabled.

    This patch fixes this by clamping the value when we enable STP.

    I had to move the locking around a bit to ensure that there is
    no window where someone could insert a value outside the range
    while we're in the middle of enabling STP.

Causing the issue for me. Reverting that patch and br0 comes up again
and gets an ip.

--
Mark Trompell

Foresight Linux Xfce Edition
Cause your desktop should be freaking cool
(and Xfce)