Date:	Tue, 26 Nov 2013 19:03:41 +0000
From:	"Skidmore, Donald C" <donald.c.skidmore@...el.com>
To:	William Dauchy <william@...di.net>
CC:	"netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	"Keller, Jacob E" <jacob.e.keller@...el.com>,
	"Fastabend, John R" <john.r.fastabend@...el.com>,
	"Tantilov, Emil S" <emil.s.tantilov@...el.com>,
	"Potenza, Leonardo" <leonardo.potenza@...el.com>
Subject: FW: loop on reset adapter with ixgbe

From: Skidmore, Donald C
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 11:00 AM
To: 'William Dauchy'
Cc: netdev@...r.kernel.org; Keller, Jacob E; Fastabend, John R; Tantilov, Emil S; Potenza, Leonardo
Subject: RE: loop on reset adapter with ixgbe

Hey William,

A quick why to get the device ID would be to:

First get the PCIe bus address from "ethtool -I <port>"

[root@...workstation src]# ethtool -i p258p1
driver: ixgbe
version: 3.11.33-k
firmware-version: 0x18eb0001
bus-info: 0000:05:00.0
supports-statistics: yes
supports-test: yes
supports-eeprom-access: yes
supports-register-dump: yes
supports-priv-flags: no

Then use that address to find the device ID:

[root@...workstation src]# lspci -ns 0000:05:00.0
05:00.0 0200: 8086:10fb (rev 01)

As for the FW version I'm concerned that yours might not be correct from the output you sent me earlier.

> ethtool info:
> driver: ixgbe
> version: 3.8.21-k
> firmware-version: 0x00000000

This doesn't look correct to me I will poke our FW folks to verify.  It may be worthwhile to dump the FW and send it to me (i.e. ethtool -eeprom-dump).

Thanks,
-Don

p.s. I'm about to be out of the office until Tuesday of next week and am not sure I'll be able to get to my email so I might be slow in a reply.  :(