Date:	Fri, 27 Dec 2013 17:17:13 +0100 (CET)
From:	Alexandre DERUMIER <aderumier@...so.com>
To:	Toshiaki Makita <makita.toshiaki@....ntt.co.jp>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, Vlad Yasevich <vyasevic@...hat.com>
Subject: Re: bridge vlan_filtering don't work with tap devices (qemu guests)

Little update:

I can see now tagged packet on br0 with tcpdump, if I have

#bridge vlan add dev br0 vid 10 self.

All is working fine now.

I have a last question :

Is it possible to allow all vlans to go through a port. (or disable filtering for 1 specific port) ?

If not, maybe could be it great to be able to add multiple vlans with bridge command,like
"bridge vlan add dev xxx vid 1-4096"
or
"bridge vlan add dev xxx vid 1,2,3-10,12,13-4096"

----- Mail original -----

De: "Alexandre DERUMIER" <aderumier@...so.com>
À: "Toshiaki Makita" <makita.toshiaki@....ntt.co.jp>
Cc: netdev@...r.kernel.org, "Vlad Yasevich" <vyasevic@...hat.com>
Envoyé: Vendredi 27 Décembre 2013 10:46:38

>>With these settings, you should be able to see tagged frames on bridge
>>device with promisc mode.
>>Are you sure you enabled vlan_filtering by sysfs?
Yes,It's enabled.

>>Or didn't you set br0 in the same way as other ports like below?
>># bridge vlan add dev br0 vid 10 pvid untagged self

Indeed I didn't set vlan on br0. Isn't it only to tag packets coming from the bridge itself? (like a bridge management ip for example).
Or do we need to define all vlans allowed to pass through the bridge ?

about tcdpump:

I'm just using tcpdump -i br0 -e -n , and don't see any vlan tag.
But maybe it's related to tcpdump bug, I have also had some random kernel panic.

>>If you set pvid, incoming frames from the port will be tagged with the
>>vlan.
>>If you set untagged, outgoing frames with the vlan from the port will be
>>untagged.

>>So, if you want to send frames tagged with vlan 10, please don't set vid
>>10 untagged on outgoing ports you want.

Oh, ok, it's clear now.