Date:	Sat, 8 Feb 2014 16:00:01 +0100
From:	Thomas Glanzmann <thomas@...nzmann.de>
To:	Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>
Cc:	John Ogness <john.ogness@...utronix.de>,
	Eric Dumazet <edumazet@...gle.com>,
	"Nicholas A. Bellinger" <nab@...ux-iscsi.org>,
	target-devel <target-devel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Linux Network Development <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: REGRESSION f54b311142a92ea2e42598e347b84e1655caf8e3 tcp auto
 corking slows down iSCSI file system creation by factor of 70 [WAS: 4 TB
 VMFS creation takes 15 minutes vs 26 seconds]

Hello Eric,

> Idea would be to set this flag when calling sendmsg() of the 48 bytes
> of the header, and not set it on the sendmsg() of the 512 bytes of the
> payload.

I see.

> iscsi_sw_tcp_xmit_segment() already adds MSG_MORE, but
> it would be nice to add a new _initial_ flags parameter to
> iscsi_sw_tcp_xmit_segment()

This is for the iscsi initiator implementation. I'm interested in iSCSI
target code, but I already found it and experiemented a little bit, but
I need to dig deeper if I want to prepare a patch.

Cheers,
        Thomas