Date:	Thu, 12 Jun 2014 11:07:00 -0400
From:	Milos Vyletel <milos.vyletel@...il.com>
To:	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>
Cc:	stephen@...workplumber.org, amwang@...hat.com,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, oliver@...kum.org, kuznet@....inr.ac.ru,
	jmorris@...ei.org, yoshfuji@...ux-ipv6.org, kaber@...sh.net,
	pshelar@...ira.com, nicolas.dichtel@...nd.com,
	mike.rapoport@...ellosystems.com, dborkman@...hat.com,
	ogerlitz@...lanox.com, therbert@...gle.com,
	hannes@...essinduktion.org, florent.fourcot@...t-bretagne.fr,
	edumazet@...gle.com, Paul.Durrant@...rix.com,
	linux-usb@...r.kernel.org,
	"open list:X86 ARCHITECTURE..." <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: [patch net-next 3/5] ipv6: consider net.ipv6.conf.all sysctls
 when making decisions

David,

my words may have been poorly chosen. Last thing I want is to break things...

What I meant to say is that this changes the behavior of conf.all.*
sysctls from no-op to be part of decision along with interface
specific ones. Default settings still work the same way unless
conf.all.* was manually modified by user (for example setting
conf.all.accept_ra_defrtr=0 did not stop kernel from setting default
router before but it would with this change).

If this is not desired functionality I'm fine with it not being
applied. However if that's the case I suggest removing conf.all.*
altogether since it's no-op and pretty confusing for users (myself
included).

Milos