Date:	Thu, 24 Jul 2014 14:03:48 -0700
From:	Andy Zhou <azhou@...ira.com>
To:	Tom Herbert <therbert@...gle.com>
Cc:	Or Gerlitz <or.gerlitz@...il.com>,
	David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
Subject: Re: [net-next 00/10] Add Geneve

@or.gerlitz@...il.com:  Yes, this is the logical order of the patch
series. I can improve the cover letter to make it clearer.

@therbert@...gle.com: I will add L2TP refactor to the series in the
next version. Given that port number and associated protocol is still
required
by NIC device driver for advanced offloads, we may still need to
define the protocol types. Are you O.K. with this, if not, any other
suggestions?

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:40 AM, Tom Herbert <therbert@...gle.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:58 PM, Or Gerlitz <or.gerlitz@...il.com> wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Andy Zhou <azhou@...ira.com> wrote:
>>> Following patches adds initial support for Geneve tunnel protocol
>>
>> Just to make this a bit more clear, would it be correct to say that
>> the logical ordering here is as follows:
>>
> Agreed, improvements to the general infrastructure to support UDP
> tunneling should be done first. This was already begun with
> introduction of udp_tunnel.[ch] and the udp_tunnel_xmit functions seem
> like a nice addition at least.
>
> Also, we have at least two instances of UDP tunneling in the code that
> should addressed when interface improvements: VXLAN and L2TP. Please
> make sure *both* of these are considered with such patches (also the
> needs for Geneve, GUE, LISP, etc. should be considered, but please no
> protocol specific stuff in the common infrastructure code!)
>
>>> 1. Add common UDP tunnel code into UDP tunnel support function
>>> 2. Refactor vxlan driver to make use of the UDP tunnel support