Date:	Mon, 10 Nov 2014 14:12:53 +0100
From:	Jiri Pirko <jiri@...nulli.us>
To:	Jamal Hadi Salim <jhs@...atatu.com>
Cc:	netdev@...r.kernel.org, davem@...emloft.net, nhorman@...driver.com,
	andy@...yhouse.net, tgraf@...g.ch, dborkman@...hat.com,
	ogerlitz@...lanox.com, jesse@...ira.com, pshelar@...ira.com,
	azhou@...ira.com, ben@...adent.org.uk, stephen@...workplumber.org,
	jeffrey.t.kirsher@...el.com, vyasevic@...hat.com,
	xiyou.wangcong@...il.com, john.r.fastabend@...el.com,
	edumazet@...gle.com, sfeldma@...il.com, f.fainelli@...il.com,
	roopa@...ulusnetworks.com, linville@...driver.com,
	jasowang@...hat.com, ebiederm@...ssion.com,
	nicolas.dichtel@...nd.com, ryazanov.s.a@...il.com,
	buytenh@...tstofly.org, aviadr@...lanox.com, nbd@...nwrt.org,
	alexei.starovoitov@...il.com, Neil.Jerram@...aswitch.com,
	ronye@...lanox.com, simon.horman@...ronome.com,
	alexander.h.duyck@...hat.com, john.ronciak@...el.com,
	mleitner@...hat.com, shrijeet@...il.com, gospo@...ulusnetworks.com,
	bcrl@...ck.org
Subject: Re: [patch net-next v2 00/10] introduce rocker switch driver with
 hardware accelerated datapath api - phase 1: bridge fdb offload

Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 01:16:16PM CET, jhs@...atatu.com wrote:
>On 11/10/14 02:23, Jiri Pirko wrote:
>

>>Yes I looked over their patches. Roopas patche's are about new class of
>>device which, as I commented in the cover letter, I left out for now and
>>can be safely added later on.
>>
>>I went over the Ben's work very carefully as well. The patches are very
>>rough, mostly rtl-chip specific. But again, my patchset is a base on
>>which this patches can be build on. I see no issues in that.
>>
>>>At least please get their sign on - this  is such an important piece of
>>>new work that you should make sure you get consensus.
>>
>>Since I did not use their code now, I only put sign off of Scott.
>>

>Your last comment was "i am going to merge the patches" ;->
>At least send an email explaining your plan to people who have worked
>hard to cooperate with you or say it in the cover letter.

Well I had feedback only from Roopa and we discussed it in following
email thread. I never had any feedback from Ben. I only saw you pasting
link to his git.

There's really nothing else to merge at the moment. I would love to went
over patches and merge them into my tree if anyone sends them.