Date:	Sat, 13 Dec 2014 02:14:08 +0100
From:	Nils Holland <nholland@...ys.org>
To:	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: [bisected] tg3 broken in 3.18.0?

Ok folks,

I now took the time to bisect the issue that killed the tg3 network
interface on one of my boxes in 3.18.0. Beside me, at least one other
person was affected, although we also have a confirmed report of
another person using tg3 without issues under 3.18.0.

My bisect exercise suggests that the following commit is the culprit:

89665a6a71408796565bfd29cfa6a7877b17a667 (PCI: Check only the Vendor
ID to identify Configuration Request Retry)

In case that rings a bell for anyone, I'd be more than glad to hear
about it! Otherwise, while I'm no expert at this, I'll do some more
investigations tomorrow. It's gotten kind of late during bisecting and
I'm off for some sleep now. ;-)

Greetings,
Nils