Date:	Mon, 15 Jun 2015 13:40:46 +0000
From:	Madalin-Cristian Bucur <madalin.bucur@...escale.com>
To:	Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@...il.com>
CC:	"netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	"linuxppc-dev@...ts.ozlabs.org" <linuxppc-dev@...ts.ozlabs.org>,
Subject: RE: [RFC,v3 02/10] dpaa_eth: add support for DPAA Ethernet

Thank you, I'll address this. I plan to do something like this:

+       if (!nonlinear) {
+               /* We're going to store the skb backpointer at the beginning
+                * of the data buffer, so we need a privately owned skb
+                */
+
+               /* make sure skb is not shared, skb_cow_head() assumes it's not */
+               skb = skb_share_check(skb, GFP_ATOMIC);
+               if (!skb)
+                       goto enomem;
+
+               /* verify the skb head is not cloned */
+               if (skb_cow_head(skb, priv->tx_headroom))
+                       goto enomem;
+
+               nonlinear = skb_is_nonlinear(skb);
+       }

but I'm not sure the skb_share_check() is required on tx.
I'm also a bit puzzled by the aliasing between shared and cloned terms
(i.e. skb_unshare() could be named something like skb_unclone();
 the skb_share_check() not only checks but also unshares an skb so
 the already taken skb_unshare() name would probably fit too).

Madalin