Date:	Tue, 16 Jun 2015 15:08:30 +0000
From:	"Skidmore, Donald C" <donald.c.skidmore@...el.com>
To:	Ashutosh Tripathi <azbycs@...il.com>,
Subject: RE: Setting up interfaces in loopback mode using SIOCETHTOOL

Hey Ashutosh,

Currently ixgbe only uses MAC loopback via the ethtool self_test, which doesn't sound like what you're looking for.  I don't know of an ethtool interface to tell an adapter to go into loopback mode, but this might just be because the driver I currently work on (ixgbe) doesn't support it. :)

Thanks,
-Don Skidmore <donald.c.skidmore@...el.com>