Date:	Wed, 13 Jan 2016 23:45:45 -0200
From:	Marcelo Ricardo Leitner <marcelo.leitner@...il.com>
To:	YUAN Jia <Jia.Yuan@...atel-sbell.com.cn>,
	'Dmitry Vyukov' <dvyukov@...gle.com>,
	Vlad Yasevich <vyasevich@...il.com>,
	Neil Horman <nhorman@...driver.com>,
	"linux-sctp@...r.kernel.org" <linux-sctp@...r.kernel.org>,
	netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
	LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Eric Dumazet <edumazet@...gle.com>
Cc:	syzkaller <syzkaller@...glegroups.com>,
	Kostya Serebryany <kcc@...gle.com>,
	Alexander Potapenko <glider@...gle.com>,
	Sasha Levin <sasha.levin@...cle.com>
Subject: Re: net/sctp: use-after-free in __sctp_connect

Em 13-01-2016 23:37, YUAN Jia escreveu:
 > Hi Dmitry,
 >
 > I've tested your program, but found nothing happens. So, I suspect it
may cause kernel crash only on some special kernel version?
 > I was just using kernel of 4.2.3. What about you?
 >
 > Richard

Please don't top-post.

Note that it doesn't necessarily crashes the system. syzkaller is using
kasan to detect such type of invalid accesses, which in some conditions
may lead to crashes, weird behavior or just nothing at all. It all
depends on how much the memory was already changed after it was freed.