Date:	Tue, 23 Feb 2016 21:36:24 +0200 (EET)
From:	Meelis Roos <mroos@...ux.ee>
To:	Sowmini Varadhan <sowmini.varadhan@...cle.com>
cc:	sparclinux@...r.kernel.org, edumazet@...gle.com,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Invalid sk_policy[] access (was Re: Recent spontaneous reboots
 on multiple machines)

> I figured out what's the root-cause of my panics.

Great!

>   sizeof             32-bit        64-bit
> request_sock          256           312
> inet_request_sock     272           328
> sock                  688          1216
>
> And offsetof sk_policy[1] is 256 on the 32-bit v440, whereas
> it is 520 on my 64-bit T5.

Sorry, I do not understand - what is 32-bit on V440? The kernel should
be 64-bit since it's sun4u.

> so how is this supposed to work? (Evidently it worked for Meelis
> before, but I dont know if that was before or after  commit
> 9e17f8a475).

It might be related to my problem, yes (I have different kernel configs
on different machines and the XFRM settings are varying at least).

However, I have not succeeded in reproducing the problem at will - git
checkout of another release + subsequent compile still does not trigger
it. But if it is the same problem, it seems to go int triple fault or
something similar for me to cause it reboot with no trace in the
console.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos@...ux.ee)