Date:	Fri, 6 May 2016 11:38:30 -0700
From:	John Stultz <john.stultz@...aro.org>
To:	Dean Jenkins <Dean_Jenkins@...tor.com>
Cc:	"David B. Robins" <linux@...idrobins.net>,
	lkml <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>,
	Mark Craske <Mark_Craske@...tor.com>,
	YongQin Liu <yongqin.liu@...aro.org>,
	Guodong Xu <guodong.xu@...aro.org>, linux-usb@...r.kernel.org,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org, Ivan Vecera <ivecera@...hat.com>
Subject: Re: [REGRESSION] asix: Lots of asix_rx_fixup() errors and slow transmissions

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 2:16 PM, Dean Jenkins <Dean_Jenkins@...tor.com> wrote:
> A good test would be to run "ping -c 1 -s $packet_length $ip_address" inside
> a script which has a loop with an increasing payload length $packet_length
> with a small delay between ping calls. This will show whether particular
> packet sizes trigger the failures.
>
> Then try with "ping -f -c 200 -s $packet_length $ip_address" to load up the
> USB link.

I've tried both of these on my x86_64 system.  I can send single pings
up to 65507 without triggering the issue (after which I get errors
sending on the host side as I think I cross a 64k boundary with
headers, not the asix errors).

Then when I try ping -f -c 200 -s 65507 $ip_address, I don't see any
failures. I did it for a count of 2000 as well without any issues.

I'll be adding more debug prints in soon.

thanks
-john