Date:	Wed, 18 May 2016 10:00:59 +0200
From:	Sven Eckelmann <sven@...fation.org>
To:	b.a.t.m.a.n@...ts.open-mesh.org
Cc:	Antonio Quartulli <a@...table.cc>, davem@...emloft.net,
	netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [B.A.T.M.A.N.] pull request: batman-adv 20160518

On Wednesday 18 May 2016 13:04:44 Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> I also have a question: I have another bugfix that should only be
> applied to 4.6 and not to 4.7/net-next - should I directly send it
> to stable@...r.kernel.org ?

Allow me to give some background info:

The bug was (accidentally) fixed by a refactoring patch [1] in net-next. But
the problem was then discovered by people which used net and not net-next.

I have created a bugfix [2] which would solve the problem in net but wouldn't
apply in net-next. This is why Antonio asked if he should send it to stable@
or if there is a better way to get it integrated.

Kind regards,
	Sven

[1] https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/net/batman-adv?id=efcc9d3069c982786f380bca8480a1aa2fd2721d
[2] https://git.open-mesh.org/linux-merge.git/commit/af06cf325cfb5a2685a6f8997585b83a91f36c4c

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)