Date:	Mon, 23 May 2016 21:21:56 +0200
From:	Alexander Aring <aar@...gutronix.de>
To:	linux-wpan@...r.kernel.org
Cc:	kernel@...gutronix.de, marcel@...tmann.org,
	jukka.rissanen@...ux.intel.com, hannes@...essinduktion.org,
	stefan@....samsung.com, mcr@...delman.ca, werner@...esberger.net,
	linux-bluetooth@...r.kernel.org, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
	Alexander Aring <aar@...gutronix.de>,
	"David S . Miller" <davem@...emloft.net>,
	Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznet@....inr.ac.ru>,
	James Morris <jmorris@...ei.org>,
	Hideaki YOSHIFUJI <yoshfuji@...ux-ipv6.org>,
	Patrick McHardy <kaber@...sh.net>
Subject: [RFC 00/12] 6lowpan: introduce 6lowpan-nd

Hi,

this patch series introduces the ndisc ops callback structure to add different
handling for IPv6 neighbour discovery cache functionality. It implements at first
the two following use-cases:

 - 6CO handling as userspace option (For all 6LoWPAN layers, BTLE/802.15.4) [0]
 - short address handling for 802.15.4 6LoWPAN only [1]

Since my last patch series, I completely changed the whole ndisc_ops callback
structure to not replace the whole ndisc functionality at recv/send level of
NS/NA/RS/RA which I send in my previous patch-series "6lowpan: introduce basic
6lowpan-nd". I changed it now to add different handling in a very low-level way
of ndisc functionality.

The ndisc_ops don't must be registered to dev->ndisc_ops anymore, if they are not
set, then no additional ipv6 ndisc handling will be done.

This patch series now introduce a complete handling of short address for
802.15.4 6LoWPAN in case of send/recv of NA/NS/RS and RA. In case of RA
(receive only) and PIO we also need a second prefix + short-address based
address.

This callback structure can be used later (I hope) for RFC 6775 [0]. This RFC
defines some new option fields and messages for 6LoWPAN-ND. This patch series
does not implement RFC 6775 (except we decide now to handle 6CO in userspace).

Additional we can use the current ops for parse/fill ndisc options for kernel
handled ndisc messages to add 6CIO, see [2].

I tested RA/NS/NA/RS messages with short address which seems to work, what I
didn't test is the redirect messages since I don't know how to generate them.
The short address for redirect messages are also some special case here, because
the short address by a L3 target address need to be added.

btw:
According to [3] sending redirect messages should be also disabled by default
on 6lowpan interfaces, but can be activated afterwards. This is maybe
something for the ipv6_devconf structure. There is a "accept_redirects" but
no "disable_redirects".

- Alex

[0] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6775
[1] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4944#section-8