Date:	Tue, 26 Jul 2016 09:49:53 +0000
From:	Raju Lakkaraju <Raju.Lakkaraju@...rosemi.com>
To:	"netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
CC:	"f.fainelli@...il.com" <f.fainelli@...il.com>,
	Allan Nielsen <Allan.Nielsen@...rosemi.com>
Subject: Microsemi VSC 8531/41 PHY Driver

Hello All,

I would like to introduce myself as Nagaraju Lakkaraju (Raju), is working in Microsemi Communications India Pvt. Ltd (Formerly known as Vitesse Semiconductors Limited) - Hyderabad as Sr. Staff Engineer.
I do work on Microsemi PHY drivers development.
Microsemi is developing the new Physical Layer (PHY) chips for Internet Of Things (IoT) products with 1 Gbps link speed.
As part of the development, Microsemi would like to contribute the new PHYs (i.e. VSC 8531 / VSC 8541) chip drivers in Linux Kernel Open source.
VSC 8531 / 8541 PHYs will have the following features a part of the basic features like Auto-neg, Speed, Duplex etc.
1. Wake on LAN
2. Auto MDIX/MDI
3. Link Speed Down shift
4. Fast Link Failure-2
5. Loopbacks (FAR-END, NEAR-END and Connector)
6. Ethernet Packet Generator (EPG)
7. Serial Management Interface (SMI) Interrupt
8. Clock Squelch configuration (SyncE)
9. Jumbo Frame Support
10. In-line Power On Ethernet (PoE) status
11. Acti PHY power Management
12. Energy Efficiency Ethenet (EEE)
13. VeriPHY (Cable Diagnostics)
14. LED configuration
15. Ring Resiliency
16. Start Of Frame Detection (SOF)
17. COMA mode

As part of Initial submission of the Linux Kernel Open source drivers,
I developed the VSC 8531 driver basic features and built the Linux Kernel image for Beaglebone Black hardware.
Also developed Ethtool enhancement for VSC 8531 register access functionality to test the VSC 8531

Test Setup:
-------------
Hardware Details: Beaglebone Black with VSC 8531 PHY
Software Linux Kernel version: 4.6.4

Microsemi VSC 8531 chip is mount on Beaglebone Black hardware (replaced the Microchip PHY) and tested the following features.
1. Auto negotiation
2. Speed change ( 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps and 1 Gbps)
3. Full/Half Duplex
4. Ping
5. Line rate traffic with Test center

I would like you to review my code and provide me the valuable comments.
Please find the attached git code diff patch.

Thanks and regards,
Raju
(Nagaraju Lakkaraju)
Sr. Staff Engg.
Microsemi Communications India Pvt Ltd.
Ph: +91 040  6686 0132

Download attachment "0001-net-phy-Add-drivers-for-Microsemi-PHYs.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (6722 bytes)