Date:   Sat, 12 Nov 2016 03:18:31 +0100
From:   "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason@...c4.com>
To:     David Ahern <dsa@...ulusnetworks.com>
Cc:     Netdev <netdev@...r.kernel.org>,
        LKML <linux-kernel@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Source address fib invalidation on IPv6

Hi David,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 11:14 PM, David Ahern <dsa@...ulusnetworks.com> wrote:
> What do you mean by 'valid dst'? ipv6 returns net->ipv6.ip6_null_entry on lookup failures so yes dst is non-NULL but that does not mean the lookup succeeded.

What I mean is that it returns an ordinary dst, as if that souce
address _hadn't_ been removed from the interface, even though I just
removed it. Is this buggy behavior? If so, let me know and I'll try to
track it down. The expected behavior, as far as I can see, would be
the same that ip_route_output_flow has -- returning -EINVAL when the
saddr isn't valid. At the moment, when the saddr is invalid,
ipv6_stub->ipv6_dst_lookup returns 0 and &dst contains a real entry.

Regards,
Jason