Date:   Mon, 28 Nov 2016 12:50:39 +0800
From:   张胜举 <zhangshengju@...s.chinamobile.com>
To:     "'David Ahern'" <dsa@...ulusnetworks.com>, <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: [net,v2] neigh: fix the loop index error in neigh dump

No, when dump request must be processed by multiple 'recv/recvmsg' system
calls,
idx stores which dev/neigh the previous call have processed, so that next
call will scan
from the right place.

So no matter whether the dev/neigh is filtered, the idx should be increased
anyway.

It's hard to produce a use case, because we mostly have only one entity in
hash list. Even with
multiple entities, we also need the function to exit right at the place
where dev/neigh is filter out.

All other dump functiones for RT netlink keep this logic, you can refer
inet_dump_ifaddr() if you wish.