Date:   Fri, 2 Dec 2016 15:08:45 +0100
From:   Hannes Frederic Sowa <hannes@...essinduktion.org>
To:     Saku Ytti <saku@...i.fi>, netdev@...r.kernel.org
Subject: Re: arp_filter and IPv6 ND

On 02.12.2016 13:51, Saku Ytti wrote:
> net.ipv4.conf.all.arp_filter appears not to have IPv6 counter part.
> Or am I missing something? That is Linux does answer to ND queries for
> unrelated interfaces by default, and I can't seem to find way to turn
> that off.

May I ask why you want to turn it off?

In IPv6 this depends on the scope. In IPv4 this concept doesn't really
exist.

Please notice that in IPv4 arp_filter does not necessarily mean that the
system is operating in strong end system mode but you end up in an
hybrid clone where arp is acting strong but routing not and thus you
also have to add fib rules to simulate that.