Date:   Tue, 14 Feb 2017 08:16:44 -0500
From:   Jamal Hadi Salim <jhs@...atatu.com>
To:     "netdev@...r.kernel.org" <netdev@...r.kernel.org>
Cc:     netfilter-devel@...r.kernel.org, netfilter@...r.kernel.org,
        info@...devconf.org, linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org,
        tech-committee@...devconf.org, David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
        Stephen Jaworski <jaws@...atatu.com>,
        Rob Echlin <rob@...lin.ca>, lwn@....net, people@...devconf.org
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Netdev 2.1 update Feb 14

A few announcements:
-Registration is open. Register early so we can plan better.
https://onlineregistrations.ca/netdev21/

hotel (If you can get the hotel cheaper online than conference
rates please send us email, dont book ):
http://www.netdevconf.org/2.1/hotel.html

News:
- We are pleased to announce our first silver sponsor! We thank
ZEVENET for their commitment to the netdev community!

- The tech committee has accepted another proposal! This time
it is on the topic of DSA from our prolific DSA contributors
Andrew Lunn, Vivien Didelot and Florian Fainelli. This is how
they describe their talk:

----
The Distributed Switch Architecture was first introduced to Linux
nearly 10 years ago and after being mostly quiet for 6 years, it
recently got actively worked on again by a group of tenacious contributors.

In this presentation, we will cover its design goals and paradigms and
why they make it a good fit for supporting small home/office routers and
switches. We will also cover the work that was done over the past 4
years, the relationship with switchdev and the networking stack, and
finally give a heads-up on the upcoming developments to be expected.
-----

Please note that The Call for Proposals is still open, submit early
to avoid the hazards of last minute traffic. Refer to:
http://netdevconf.org/2.1/submit-proposal.html

cheers,
jamal