Date:   Wed, 16 Aug 2017 22:33:41 -0700
From:   Jay Vosburgh <jay.vosburgh@...onical.com>
To:     Dan Williams <dcbw@...hat.com>
cc:     David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>, james@...ealm.net,
        futur.andy@...glemail.com, kvalo@...eaurora.org,
        arend.vanspriel@...adcom.com, maheshb@...gle.com,
        andy@...yhouse.net, netdev@...r.kernel.org,
        linux-wireless@...r.kernel.org, greearb@...delatech.com
Subject: Re: Regression: Bug 196547 - Since 4.12 - bonding module not working with wireless drivers

Dan Williams <dcbw@...hat.com> wrote:
[...]
>You'll probably say "aim for the 75% case" or something like that,
>which is fine, but then you're depending on your 75% case to be (a)
>single AP, (b) never move (eg, only bond wifi + ethernet), (c) little
>radio interference.  I'm not sure I'd buy that.  If I've put words in
>your mouth, forgive me.

	The primary use case that I'm aware of for bonding with wireless
devices is in active-backup mode, paired with an ethernet adapter set as
the bonding "primary" device.  I think this is the case that absolutely
should just work.  I don't think bonding cares (or should care) about
(a) - (c) for this use.

	Your point (b) suggests that there are use cases other than the
above; I'm unfamiliar with any use other than wifi + ethernet, can you
elaborate?

	-J

---
	-Jay Vosburgh, jay.vosburgh@...onical.com