Date:   Wed, 30 Aug 2017 02:31:56 -0400
From:   Chris Mi <chrism@...lanox.com>
To:     netdev@...r.kernel.org
Cc:     jhs@...atatu.com, xiyou.wangcong@...il.com, jiri@...nulli.us,
        davem@...emloft.net, mawilcox@...rosoft.com
Subject: [patch net-next v2 0/3] net/sched: Improve getting objects by indexes

Using current TC code, it is very slow to insert a lot of rules.

In order to improve the rules update rate in TC,
we introduced the following two changes:
        1) changed cls_flower to use IDR to manage the filters.
        2) changed all act_xxx modules to use IDR instead of
           a small hash table

But IDR has a limitation that it uses int. TC handle uses u32.
To make sure there is no regression, we add several new IDR APIs
to support unsigned long.

v2
==

Addressed Hannes's comment:
express idr_alloc in terms of idr_alloc_ext and most of the other functions

Chris Mi (3):
  idr: Add new APIs to support unsigned long
  net/sched: Change cls_flower to use IDR
  net/sched: Change act_api and act_xxx modules to use IDR

 include/linux/idr.h        |  69 ++++++++++++-
 include/linux/radix-tree.h |  21 +++-
 include/net/act_api.h      |  76 +++++---------
 lib/idr.c                  |  66 ++++++------
 lib/radix-tree.c           |   6 +-