Date:   Wed, 25 Oct 2017 14:15:03 +0200
From:   Jiri Pirko <jiri@...nulli.us>
To:     Alexander Duyck <alexander.duyck@...il.com>
Cc:     David Miller <davem@...emloft.net>,
        Simon Horman <simon.horman@...ronome.com>,
        pieter.jansenvanvuuren@...ronome.com, john.hurley@...ronome.com,
        "Duyck, Alexander H" <alexander.h.duyck@...el.com>,
        Amritha Nambiar <amritha.nambiar@...el.com>
Subject: Re: [patch net-next v2 00/20] net: sched: convert cls ndo_setup_tc
 offload calls to per-block callbacks

Tue, Oct 24, 2017 at 06:01:34PM CEST, alexander.duyck@...il.com wrote:

[...]

>1.       To offload filter into HW, the hw-tc-offload feature flag has
>to be turned on before creating the ingress qdisc.
>
>Previously, this could also be turned on after the qdisc was created
>and the filters could still be offloaded. Looks like this is because,
>previously the offload flag was checked as a part of filter
>integration in the classifier, and now it is checked as part of qdisc
>creation (ingress_init). So, if no offload capability is advertised at
>ingress qdisc creation time then hardware will not be asked to offload
>filters later if the flag is enabled.

I have patchset that fixes this in my queue now. Will do some smoke
testing and send later today.

>2.       Deleting the ingress qdisc fails to remove filters added in
>HW. Filters in SW gets deleted.
>
>We haven’t exactly root-caused this, the changes being extensive, but
>our guess is again something wrong with the offload check or similar
>while unregistering the block callback (tcf_block_cb_unregister) and
>further to the classifier (CLS_U32/CLS_FLOWER etc.) with the
>DESTROY/REMOVE command.

Hmm. How does this worked previously. I mean, do you see change of
behaviour? I'm asking because I don't see how rules added only to HW
could be removed, driver should care of it. Or are you talking about
rules added to both SW and HW?

Thanks!